Saturday, December 16, 2006

Confessions of a reformed tv addict

I admit it! Ever since I came back from Japan, I've been watching a bit too much tv. Thankfully, the addictive stage has now passed and I'm back to a shortlist.

1. Scrubs - how funny is this show? I love it! (Dr. Acula anyone?)



2. Killer Instinct - this just started playing in NZ and I'm hooked. And it has nothing to do with Johnny Messner *g* Okay, maybe a little bit. But the storylines are nice and twisty, which I like.

3. SVU - I reckon this is one of the most intense and well-written shows on tv. Olivia is one of my favorite characters ever.

4. Random Documentaries - this is one of the things I missed most living in Japan. They had brilliant documentaries on but I could only understand about half of them because of the language used - ie. on the fascinating doco about Bird Flu, there was a lot of science vocabulary that I didn't know.

5. House - I've only caught two episodes of this but I think I'm going to like it.

Okay, your turn. What's on your "must-watch" list?

13 comments :

Estella said...

The next sporting event.

Joan said...

I love House, ER, The Unit, NCSI, and CSI

Minna said...

Numb3rs.

Anonymous said...

I love Smallville. It's a really good show but I wish Clark would get over Lana. The new season isn't showing in the UK yet. Thank God for the internet!

robynl said...

House, Numb3rs, Survivor, Amazing Race, CSI

Anonymous said...

Definitely Heroes. LOVE, love, love it. Can't wait til it returns Jan. 22. I gotta know what happens.

Nalini Singh said...

Wow, so many great shows!

Got to say, I love Numb3ers too. And CSI when it's on.

Heroes - have heard so much about this show but it's not playing here yet.

And I totally forgot about LOST!

Anonymous said...

I'm terrible with series I never remember to watch them each week LOL

Love both the new Dr Who and Torchwood and not missed any of either yet!

I like the idea of Lost but not been watching the current series. Heros sounds great but doesn't show here. I try to catch the odd CSI and Bones episode and Without a Trace was good, but I rarely do.

Sara Hantz said...

Nothing wrong with watching TV. Some of these aren't on, but are must sees when they are: House, Office, ER, Criminal Minds (fast becoming my fave), America's Next Top Model, Idol (any country will do), Dragon's Den, Amazing Race, New Street Law, Midsomer Murders, Family Guy, Hotel Babylon...

I better stop or you'll think I do nothing but watch TV, lol.

Anna Campbell said...

Hi Nalini! Please have another blog party. I'm having withdrawal symptoms! Now, TV shows - I think SVU is amazing too. Olivia is such a complex, strong female character and I think Mariska Hargitay is a fantastic actress. Did you know she was Jayne Mansfield's daughter? My current favorite show, though, is one on cable TV called Inside the Actors Studio. I find it's really interesting from a writer's point of view to hear these incredible artists talk about characterisation and voice and their creative journey.

Nalini Singh said...

Hah! I remember certain people taking off and leaving me with all the party cleanup!!

Minna said...

How could I forget Mythbusters? You always learn something new by watching that.

Kat said...

House and All Saints. I'd watch Heroes but it competes with House. I also love The Chaser (again, airs while House is on, but the ABC is kind enough to do a repeat broadcast on Friday nights--no, I don't have a life). Then, by default because they follow my favourite programs: Medium, Crossing Jordan, In Justice and Mile High. I do love Law & Order (all of them) but they just don't seem to be on at the right time for me. The digital set-top box with hard drive is on the wishlist. :-)

Oh, and Top Gear. I'm an absolute airhead when it comes to cars, but the show is so much fun!